The Adapting to Change Learning Program has recently embarked on the
advancement of a regional training program on population, reproductive
health, and health sector reform in Francophone Africa through the creation
of a network (known as the Francophone Network) of African training
institutions and other relevant international organizations. Through the
World Bank Institute’s collaboration with the Francophone Network, we will
deliver the first Francophone Africa Core Course on Population, Reproductive
Health and Health Sector Reform on 22 January-2 February 2001 in Dakar, Sénégal.
In preparation for this event, a Training of Trainers Workshop
held in Mbour, Sénégal on 26-30 June 2000
This Training of Trainers Workshop brought
experienced trainers together to discuss the latest trends in demography and
economics, priority setting tools for health services delivery, HIV/AIDS and
health sector reform. Simultaneously the trainers identified the best
training methodology for transmitting these kinds of information in
preparation for the Francophone Core Course in January 2001.
Current Francophone Network
- Centre d'Etudes de la Famille Africaine (CEFA), Togo;
- Institut de Santé et Développement (ISED) at the Université Cheikh
Anta Diop, Sénégal;
- Centre Africain d'Etudes Supérieures en Gestion (CESAG), Sénégal;
- Centre de Formation et de Recherche en Matière de Population (CEFORP),
- Centre d'Etudes et de Recherche sur la Population pour le
Développement, (CERPOD), Mali;
- Representatives from the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF),
Togo; and United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Cameroon.
- Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH)
- Swiss Tropical Institute (ITS)
- University of Geneva
- World Health Organization
If you would more information or would like
your organization to be considered to participate in the Francophone
Network, please contact Mr. Mamadou Dicko at email@example.comé.tg.